The truth (?) behind why she REALLY let him sail the seas...

"Dear beloved Queen,
I stand here before you
An impractical dreamer...
But I AM thoroughly convinced
That the earth is round...
And I am prepare to sail forth
And prove that it is so!"

"How can you tell?
And why should I trust you?...
Your foolishness might condemn us both...
Ships might fall.... Into oblivion,
At the edge of the world...
The men who will follow you,
Will never come home again...

Why shall I allow you to sail,
The Uncharted seas...
With my ships and my flag,
My men and my coins,
Risk my name
And what if ya shall not return...."


"Dear Queen of mine,
At the risk of my head,
I shall tell you the truth...
It was NOT a dream
That made me utterly convinced
But a VISION I saw... With my inner eye...
If you'll let me sail forth,
I shall give you new lands...
I shall call one America,
But MORE importantly Mam...
I shall discover for you.... Jamaica....

And Mam... I am told...and I swear on my BIRTH,
That they grow the BEST smokin' weed, on God's green earth..."


"You shall go forth Colombo!
Investigate and return....
I shall wait eagerly...return before the grapes are ripe..
Meanwhile my dear, I shall prepare the pipe..."