About the connection between TRUST and being able to sell your art.
I got an email from a friend who thanked me for the notes I wrote about abundance, about understanding money, and becoming successful as an artist.
She shared with me her struggles as an artist, with heart touching honesty.
She also said that from the attributes of a successful person, that I listed, she recognized that her biggest issue right now, is with TRUST.
She said that she does not trust people... And prefer to keep them far removed.
Trust is essential for a good exchange of energy between people, which is what selling art and buying art, really is.
The artist creates an art piece which is filled with his / her personal energy, and the buyers is attracted to it, (falls in love with it), and wants to bring that energy into their home and live with it.... See it often.... Enjoy the energy they sense from it.
By Not trusting people, she makes the assumption that people are not trust- worthy.
Nobody likes to be suspected.... And categorize as not trust worthy.
Especially because they did not actually do anything to deserve being suspected....
In your personal relationships, when you do not trust people, you MAKE them not trust worthy.... You actually are going to focus on what they do wrong and notice any small signals that will make you feel that you are justified in your suspicion.
The issue of trust, involves multiple memories of being hurt, and not processing the pain in a manner that promote understanding and peace in us.
If we process events in our lives incorrectly, we are likely to be left drawing the wrong conclusions.
There are layers upon layers of ways to see things.
Nothing that occurs, is simplistic.
There are so many angles from which to see things......
We can draw so many conclusions from any event, and we usually do so, based on the mental and emotional conditions that we occupy.
I suggested that she process that pain inside her, and try to better understand and hear that hurting voice inside her...... And what it has to tell her.
But I also wanted to share with her and with all of you, what I did in my own career, to demonstrate trust.
I always believed, that in order to live an authentic life, you have to remove contradictions.
Your thinking, beliefs, speech and ACTIONS, have to align.
If you say one thing and do another, you are weakening your own powers.
If you say one thing and never able to do it, you are weakening your speech.
I decided to demonstrate to myself and to the world, that I actively trust people....
I honestly believe in the goodness of people.
I am aware that there are few, who are not trustworthy, but that the rest of the people, do not deserve to be 'punished' or suspected by me, just because a few are not trust worthy.
When I first started selling my art and made only a few sales, I used to accept only cash and checks from people as payment.
I was not yet generating a good income, and accepting credit cards was an expense I did not want to take on monthly, with its numerous fees.
But in America, the economy runs on plastic.
Nobody carries large sums of money in their wallets or even carry checks with them (including me).
So I devices my own method of 'accepting credit cards'.
When the buyers fell in love with a painting, and decided to buy it, they would gladly hand me their Visa card, and were crest fallen, when I told them that I do not accept credit cards.....
BUT.....
I added....... that they can take the painting home with them, and after they hang it and enjoy it, they can send me a check in the mail.
People looked at me with awe in their eyes, their mouths agape.....
Here I was letting them go away with an expensive piece of art with NO form of payment....not even a deposit.... And only with a PROMISE, that they will do the right thing and will send me a check.
I have done it for years.
My sales increased tremendously, but I was enjoying this method of trusting people and spreading trust and love among people.
In big cities, like Chicago, Miami, NY and Houston, people had tears in their eyes sometimes, when they confessed to me that they were NEVER trusted this way before.
I even trusted Jules, (who later became my husband,) when he also bought my art at an art show, and had to mail me a check later.
I was only disappointed ONCE, in a prestigious art show in Naples Florida, when a jewelry clad elderly lady, took a small framed original painting that I did of fat ladies on the beach.
She laughed when I offered to trust her, and she never mailed me the check.
This is when I decided to ask people, to at least write on a piece of paper their address and phone number, so I can call and 'remind them' if they'll forget to mail the check.
I never needed to call anyone and the lady from Florida, was the only person that disappointed me...
BUT...
It is at least possible... That she was involved in an accident and spent the next few months in a hospital... Or lost my business card with my address... Died.... Or Someone stole her wallet with my business card in it..... And so on....
I know I may sound naive.... But I do not wish to draw the conclusion that even she, was not trustworthy, because I do not know what REALLY happened.
As a whole, this has been a huge success for me and for the people involved.
In the bigger picture, I have helped open MANY hearts, and was able to demonstrate to myself and to the world, in ACTION, my inner beliefs.
Now, for the sake of accuracy, I must mention that when my career developed and my sales increased ten folds, It became easier for me to just accept credit cards.
I still needed to deposit all those checks, and since I was on the road for so long, it got delayed until I got home, and checks took ten days to clear, since most of them where out of State checks.
I have done MY method of TRUST for many years, but it was time to admit that I fully embody that lesson..... And beside...... credit cards were more convenience to all...
She shared with me her struggles as an artist, with heart touching honesty.
She also said that from the attributes of a successful person, that I listed, she recognized that her biggest issue right now, is with TRUST.
She said that she does not trust people... And prefer to keep them far removed.
Trust is essential for a good exchange of energy between people, which is what selling art and buying art, really is.
The artist creates an art piece which is filled with his / her personal energy, and the buyers is attracted to it, (falls in love with it), and wants to bring that energy into their home and live with it.... See it often.... Enjoy the energy they sense from it.
By Not trusting people, she makes the assumption that people are not trust- worthy.
Nobody likes to be suspected.... And categorize as not trust worthy.
Especially because they did not actually do anything to deserve being suspected....
In your personal relationships, when you do not trust people, you MAKE them not trust worthy.... You actually are going to focus on what they do wrong and notice any small signals that will make you feel that you are justified in your suspicion.
The issue of trust, involves multiple memories of being hurt, and not processing the pain in a manner that promote understanding and peace in us.
If we process events in our lives incorrectly, we are likely to be left drawing the wrong conclusions.
There are layers upon layers of ways to see things.
Nothing that occurs, is simplistic.
There are so many angles from which to see things......
We can draw so many conclusions from any event, and we usually do so, based on the mental and emotional conditions that we occupy.
I suggested that she process that pain inside her, and try to better understand and hear that hurting voice inside her...... And what it has to tell her.
But I also wanted to share with her and with all of you, what I did in my own career, to demonstrate trust.
I always believed, that in order to live an authentic life, you have to remove contradictions.
Your thinking, beliefs, speech and ACTIONS, have to align.
If you say one thing and do another, you are weakening your own powers.
If you say one thing and never able to do it, you are weakening your speech.
I decided to demonstrate to myself and to the world, that I actively trust people....
I honestly believe in the goodness of people.
I am aware that there are few, who are not trustworthy, but that the rest of the people, do not deserve to be 'punished' or suspected by me, just because a few are not trust worthy.
When I first started selling my art and made only a few sales, I used to accept only cash and checks from people as payment.
I was not yet generating a good income, and accepting credit cards was an expense I did not want to take on monthly, with its numerous fees.
But in America, the economy runs on plastic.
Nobody carries large sums of money in their wallets or even carry checks with them (including me).
So I devices my own method of 'accepting credit cards'.
When the buyers fell in love with a painting, and decided to buy it, they would gladly hand me their Visa card, and were crest fallen, when I told them that I do not accept credit cards.....
BUT.....
I added....... that they can take the painting home with them, and after they hang it and enjoy it, they can send me a check in the mail.
People looked at me with awe in their eyes, their mouths agape.....
Here I was letting them go away with an expensive piece of art with NO form of payment....not even a deposit.... And only with a PROMISE, that they will do the right thing and will send me a check.
I have done it for years.
My sales increased tremendously, but I was enjoying this method of trusting people and spreading trust and love among people.
In big cities, like Chicago, Miami, NY and Houston, people had tears in their eyes sometimes, when they confessed to me that they were NEVER trusted this way before.
I even trusted Jules, (who later became my husband,) when he also bought my art at an art show, and had to mail me a check later.
I was only disappointed ONCE, in a prestigious art show in Naples Florida, when a jewelry clad elderly lady, took a small framed original painting that I did of fat ladies on the beach.
She laughed when I offered to trust her, and she never mailed me the check.
This is when I decided to ask people, to at least write on a piece of paper their address and phone number, so I can call and 'remind them' if they'll forget to mail the check.
I never needed to call anyone and the lady from Florida, was the only person that disappointed me...
BUT...
It is at least possible... That she was involved in an accident and spent the next few months in a hospital... Or lost my business card with my address... Died.... Or Someone stole her wallet with my business card in it..... And so on....
I know I may sound naive.... But I do not wish to draw the conclusion that even she, was not trustworthy, because I do not know what REALLY happened.
As a whole, this has been a huge success for me and for the people involved.
In the bigger picture, I have helped open MANY hearts, and was able to demonstrate to myself and to the world, in ACTION, my inner beliefs.
Now, for the sake of accuracy, I must mention that when my career developed and my sales increased ten folds, It became easier for me to just accept credit cards.
I still needed to deposit all those checks, and since I was on the road for so long, it got delayed until I got home, and checks took ten days to clear, since most of them where out of State checks.
I have done MY method of TRUST for many years, but it was time to admit that I fully embody that lesson..... And beside...... credit cards were more convenience to all...