A new painting



I have started working on a new painting.
Instead of starting with a white canvas, I started this painting with a black canvas that I painted with blackboard paint. I started doing the sketched on it with white ink and chalk.
It is harder to work with it as the white ink is very unforgiving against the black board.
I need to experiment and to learn the "ropes" in order to get the results that I am after.

I also entered a painting in a NZ competition.
It is the first award contest that I have entered when we first moved to NZ.
Back then it was a small event that you needed to send a small painting to and if you did not win, the painting was auctioned for charity.
It was for a good cause and I felt that it is a good idea to integrate into my new home country.
Now it is a much bigger event with a $20,000 award and you do not need to send the art any more, just an image of it.