Waltz with Bashir - The movie

I wanted to mention a great movie that I saw a few days ago.
It is called "Waltz With Bashir".
It is Ari Folman's animated documentary into the horrors of the 1982 Lebanon war.

The movie is visually beautiful with drawings that capture the light in many sophisticated ways.
The interviews are all real with real people that have gone through the war and are giving first hand account into their nightmares and dreams.
In the heart of the movie lays the controversy massacre that occurred in Sabra and Shatila.

This movie strike a cord in my heart as I was first drafted into the army in 1982 which was the beginning of the Lebanon war. I have lived through the sadness and despair that comes with every war.
I mostly recommend this movie as an artist, but I was touched by it as a person that lived through these times. If you rent it, make sure to see the extras which feature an interview with the director and a glimpse into how they made the animation.

http://waltzwithbashir.com/