Doc Paskowitz

Yesterday evening we watched a documentary about the life of Doc Paskowitz.
Doc (Dorian) Paskowitz quit his medical profession and took his whole family surfing.
He had nine kids, none went to school, they roamed the beaches of the world, surfing and having a good time.
He also denounce money and traveled with his family in a twenty foot RV.
Watching this strong man with his convictions and his vision, was very inspiring to me.
Not that I envy him raising nine kids, nor living in a rugged rig, but I envy his determination and the fact that he lives a deliberate life, outside of the main stream.
Living without boundaries, whether you make mistakes or not, taking responsibility for your destiny, appeals to me so much.
I do question myself all the time recently.
What is it that I am after?
Do I simply want to get my art into a wider range of the population? sell and make a good living? For what?
I already live in the most beautiful places I can imagine, I have the life that I love, a partner I adore.
I am working on developing greater awareness of the real world and understanding the nature of illusions and the temporal world.
What more do I seek?
Where is this hunger coming from?