Competition - Completed




Yesterday I completed the “Competition” painting.
Sometime creating a painting feels like the flow of a quiet river and sometimes like a roaring river filled with turbulence and obstructing boulders.
This painting has been very emotional for me.
On some days I was filled with confidence while working on it, and on other days I felt lost and unsure, questioning my new style, its merits and the idea of my future persistence with it.
Later in the day we drove to Glenwood Springs for the weekly afternoon Farmer’s Market.
It was such a delight to find organic heirloom tomatoes that were purple and sweet as a plum.
We also got Indian cucumbers and lemon cucumbers (called lemon for their yellow color).
We found so much organic produce that we made a dinner of a large salad tossed with the wonderful balsamic vinegar we also got in the market.