Mindset of leaving

Today is a great day for us.
The kitchen will be finished and we slept our first night in our new home.
It feels great to be here.
I love the fact that the veggie garden is so close and that I can go out to pick up some leaves and make us a salad.
We already cooked our first meal of pizza and a salad, using our new kitchen.
With our departure date so imminent, I feel like I am half here and half in Colorado.
My mind wonders into the arid mountains surrounding our home, the bike trails, the greens of Aspen, the vegetarian bistro we eat at on weekends, the tulips growing in the gardens around Aspen, classical music concerts, the song of birds on our Sweetwater creek, the hot mineral pools at Glenwood Springs.
It will be great to be there when the weather turns rainy here in NZ.
While Jules seem to dive seamlessly into his work at any location, I always go through an adjustment period.
I haven’ gone into the studio since we left to Singapore and I still need to pack four paintings.
I plan to do so today.