Living with my art

Finally I am done with packing all the art.
It feels a little strange not to be able to enjoy any of them before they are off to face the world.
They go straight from the drying racks to the exhibitions.
The paintings I hang in the bedroom really brighten up the room. I love to be able to see my art in a “living” situation.
It is very beneficial for me to see it in different light, different time of the day and around me.
It helps me reflect on what elements to expand on and what to avoid.
Laying down examining my art feels very different from examining it in-front of my easel.

I feel a bit sad to be leaving so soon.
We do not have much time to enjoy our new kitchen before our departure.
But I try to remember that our houses are for us, for our delight and experiences, not to get attached to and enslaved by.
Tonight I will make some cookies for us and I will write again tomorrow when I have more energy.