Jules's photographs

I still wake up late in the mornings and hardly get out of bed by noon.
I did meditate this morning and did my Course In Miracles lesson before I got out of bed, so counting these activities, I am probably getting adjusted to the time zone a little.

I spent the day in my studio, not painting but getting my space organized.
I created an area to place the dry and the unpainted canvases that is easily accessible.
I also moved the drying rack that I use for drying small canvases to another location that opened up some space.

I organized the tools I use so I can reach everything easily.
I worked from 1pm until 8pm and still there is so much left to do.

Jules came to the studio and opened a box that he got from a gallery that many years ago, when he was a young and promising photographer, represented his work.
We went through them and I savored the beauty, melancholy and magic in them.

It is so sad that he did not stay with his art, the images hold so much promise.
He worked in a few series. He did a nature series that is breathtaking (I do not say it because I love him, they are truly magical.)

Another series he did was self portrait with his baby daughter and first wife. those too are wonderful, they shine with interesting compositions and are so urban and intriguing.

The third series is of interiors of deserted houses, complete with people’s clothes, personal items, retro wall papers and run down decor.
This series is very poetic. it provoke the question, why did these people leave and left their clothes hanging behind? What story does a fur coat and a long fluffy scarf tell? why did they leave behind radios, furniture, decorative items? What happen to them? Why did they disappear ?

Jules says that he enter these houses and photographed them just as they were. He did not move items around to create an atmosphere or composed interesting compositions.
He just looked for the best angle and the best shot.

When I’ll get a chance, I will photograph some and post them on my web site.