Getting organized

The interesting thing that happen when you own more than one home, is that each time you return to it after a long stay away, you see it with fresh eyes.

I noticed for the first time that we really do not have nearly enough space in our home for all the sport gear we have accumulated.
So I called some closet companies to get a gear closet installed in our garage.
Today the designer visited our home and we signed the contract. I like things around me to be clean and organized.
I think better, I work better and I feel better with a clean and clear space around me.

When we first moved into this house, we converted our three cars garage into a studio space for me, but we use the front of the garage for our biking, kayaking and skiing gear.

Needless to say that my studio is not well organized with boxes of canvases, old (and unsold) painted canvases and a large variety of art supply, and materials for creative ideas.

With ski jackets hanging around, six sets of bicycles and kayaking gear leaning in the corners, it feels so much less of a creative space than my studio in New Zealand.

Hopefully now with the new closet units it will feel and look better.