I am pressing on

Today we attended an art opening in our local art gallery.
We were delighted to see so many people attending.
The art of Claire Deighton was wonderful to behold.

Up the hill in my studio, I started a new painting.
I chose a challenging posture of a woman laying on her back and spent five hours trying to render her form on the large canvas with charcoal and pencils.

I am not working hard at rendering exact proportions as my intentions is to create a “sketchbook feel”, not a realistic drawing.
On the canvas, I will doodle, smear paint and draw some more.
My aim is to create an impact and improve my skills.

I love the challenges and the freedom that the sketchbook presents me with.
I am curious to see people’s response to my new art.
In comparison to the art being shown in greater NZ, it is very different in sensibility, colors and theme.
But I trust my inner guide and follow her vision.

I AM PRESSING ON!!!!!
Like the Bob Dylan song:

Well I'm pressing on
Yes, I'm pressing on
Well I'm pressing on
To the higher calling of my lord.